From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Would a Thinkpad X200 be too much trouble too run gentoo on?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:00:16
1 On Thu, 2022-04-21 at 08:24 -0700, cal wrote:
2 >
3 > Do you have any other (more powerful) machines at home that you could
4 > set up as a distcc cluster?
5
6 My desktop is only slightly more powerful. I don't really mind the
7 webkit-gtk build time since it's shared between epiphany and evolution.
8 I just run that (and/or gcc) overnight when I need to.
12 > In addition to the usual problem packages others have called out, the
13 > main problem I ran into was heat dissipation
14
15 I leave it on top of a giant fan or near an open window, weather
16 permitting.