From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: terrible performance with btrfs on LVM2 using a WD 2TB green drive
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:59:48
1 Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
2
3 > > How is btrfs , from the "driver's seat"?
4
5 > I have had one instance of a more serious corruption caused by
6 > some bug in btrfs that needed the latest btrfsck from git to fix
7 > offline - later kernels do not suffer from this apparently.
8
9 Interesting...
10 BTRFS
13 > Otherwise I have been hammering it as a dirvish backup server and except
14 > for speed its fine - and I wont be able to confirm that the speed issue
15 > is btrfs's fault until I get the partitioning correct - and dirvish is
16 > somewhat unique in what it does so it could be a special case.
17
18 I found the 4k sectors problem.
19 Weird.
20