From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: David Juhl <commo_puke@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am not getting any emails...
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:56
1 On 25 Aug 2009, at 05:41, David Juhl wrote:
2
3 > I am not getting any emails.... I thought this one might make it this
4 > time.
5
6 You should not post messages to the list simply to see if it is working.
7
8 After subscribing simply wait for messages to arrive. If they do not
9 do so within the expected period then check the list's archive to see
10 if any have been posted <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/>. If
11 messages are shown in the archive with a timestamp since your
12 subscription then the chances are that the problem is with your
13 incoming mail - check your spam filter / spam folder, for a start.
14
15 Troubleshoot by subscribing using a different email address (and by
16 waiting for messages to arrive). On this list you should certainly see
17 a number of messages each day (I'd guess typically between 10 & 40).
18
19 The messages you have posted are showing up in 3rd-party archives:
20 http://www.nabble.com/gentoo-user-f12640.html
21 http://www.nabble.com/I-am-not-getting-any-emails...-td25128277.html
22 http://www.nabble.com/How-do-I-know...-td25128102.html
23 so you should certainly not post again until you start receiving
24 messages from the list.
25
26 Is it possible you subscribed in "digest" mode? This results in you
27 receiving a daily collection of messages as a single email.
28
29 Test that hypothesis by sending separate messages to: