From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NumLock puzzle
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 03:12:21
1 160524 Dutch Ingraham wrote:
2 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> I've noticed that the NumLock key goes off after 'startx'.
4 >> My window manager is Fluxbox & I don't see any mention there
5 >> nor does there seem to be any setting under /etc/X11 .
6 >> I have added 'numlock' to the default runlevel,
7 >> but that makes no difference.
8 > Could you confirm you have x11-misc/numlockx installed
9 > and have as the last two lines in your .xinitrc :
10 > numlockx&
11 > exec fluxbox
12
13 Thanks : that works ! -- when X starts, the LED blinks & Numlock is on.
14 NB my .xinitrc has 'numlockx &' : isn't the space necessary ?
15
16 The other suggestions -- xset & xsetleds -- don't seem to work.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca