From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: extending /usr partition...
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:06:20
1 On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 13:53 +0100, Francesco Talamona wrote:
2 > > You mean the 1 extra command that's needed to assemble a VG?
3 >
4 > It wasn't that easy, that's what I did in the end:
5 > 1) vgchange -a n
6 > 2) vgexport -a
7 > 3) vgimport -a
8 > 4) vgscan --mknodes
9 > 5) vgchange -a y
10
11 #5 is all I've ever had to do. The first 3 look pointless to me. #5
12 takes care of #4 for you.
13
14 > Maybe 4) and 5) alone would do the trick... I don't remember which
15 > livecd I used then, except for the fact that I had to reboot
16 > with "dolvm2" option; now I have a tested "first aid kit" with notes
17 > on
18 > paper (all my notes were on those discs at the time) with well known
19 > and proven liveCDs.
20
21 I've never had to dolvm2 either. I'm guessing that's a Gentoo live cd
22 thing. I rarely use the Gentoo live cds because they always seem out of
23 date (although I understand they build daily snapshots now).