From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slot conflict for media-libs/x264-0.0
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:28:53
1 On Mon, Jun 18 2018, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Hi Allan,
4 >
5 > On Monday, 18 June 2018 18:52:31 BST allan gottlieb wrote:
6 >> On Sun, Jun 17 2018, Mick wrote:
7 >> > On Sunday, 17 June 2018 22:04:50 BST allan gottlieb wrote:
8 >> >> (I have been offline for a few months and apologize if this has been
9 >> >> covered.)
10 >> >>
11 >> >> I had not synced for about 3 months (fear of new, incompatible gnucash)
12 >> >> but have now done so. Unsurprisingly my normal update world shows many
13 >> >> entries and also unsurprising is a blocker (slot conflict).
14 >
15 > As a first step I suggest you go through the 'eselect news read new'.
16 >
17 > There was a profile change sometime late last year. The profile change enews
18 > is important and you should deal with it first. It is titled:
19 >
20 > 'New 17.0 profiles in the Gentoo repository'
21 >
22 > and it involves updating gcc as part of it and perhaps changing your profile
23 > if it is due to be deprecated.
24
25 I had done the upgrade to 17.0 months ago.
26 17.1 is unstable so I believe 17.0 is the right profile for me.
27
28 > Once you've been through all this give it another spin, but use --backtrack=99
29 > to see if portage resolves the conflicts.
30
31 backtrack=99 didn't change the situation, but adding in addition
32 --autounmask-backtrack=y did!
33
34 > I can't see a [B] in the list you provided, all are small blocks [b] which
35 > portage will deal with on its own.
36
37 The list I provided was for my update world. That has little b's. The
38 only blockage I have is the slot conflict I mentioned originally. The
39 big B's happened when I tried
40
41 emerge -1pDv media-video/ffmpeg
42