From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slot conflict for media-libs/x264-0.0
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:57:07
1 Hi Allan,
2
3 On Monday, 18 June 2018 18:52:31 BST allan gottlieb wrote:
4 > On Sun, Jun 17 2018, Mick wrote:
5 > > On Sunday, 17 June 2018 22:04:50 BST allan gottlieb wrote:
6 > >> (I have been offline for a few months and apologize if this has been
7 > >> covered.)
8 > >>
9 > >> I had not synced for about 3 months (fear of new, incompatible gnucash)
10 > >> but have now done so. Unsurprisingly my normal update world shows many
11 > >> entries and also unsurprising is a blocker (slot conflict).
12
13 As a first step I suggest you go through the 'eselect news read new'.
14
15 There was a profile change sometime late last year. The profile change enews
16 is important and you should deal with it first. It is titled:
17
18 'New 17.0 profiles in the Gentoo repository'
19
20 and it involves updating gcc as part of it and perhaps changing your profile
21 if it is due to be deprecated.
22
23 Once you've been through all this give it another spin, but use --backtrack=99
24 to see if portage resolves the conflicts.
27 If it still doesn't, then try updating 10 packages at a time and see if the
28 problem goes away.
29
30 I can't see a [B] in the list you provided, all are small blocks [b] which
31 portage will deal with on its own.
34 Regards,
35 Mick