From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel schedulers
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:45:52
1 2007/12/14, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann <at> tu-clausthal.de> writes:
5 > > Nowadays CFQ and deadline are the best choices.
6 >
7 > > Why not built all three and switch between them with the apropriate kernel
8 > > command line. That way you can easily test which one is the best for you.
9 >
10 > Hello Hemmann,
11 >
12 > This sounds interesting.
13 >
14 > Are you saying build all 3 as modules? (I've never tried this.)
15 >
16 > And then use cli to swithch between these three for dynamic
17 > testing without rebooting? (seems like a very cool idea)...
20 > Could you share some command line syntax on exactly what you are suggesting?
21 > or a simple script, if that is easier...?
22 >
23 > Any wikis or further reading along these lines would be of keen interest
24 > to me. I'd be real interested to learn what kernel parameters for live
25 > performance tuning, one can dynamically pass to a running kernel.
28 > curiously,
29 > James
30
31 Take a look in the kernel docs. It is not that difficult. It should be
32 under Documentation/block/switching-sched.txt
33
34 You can build the schedulers as module or directly in the kernel,
35 maybe you need to load the module before when using them as modules.
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list