From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel schedulers
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:20:45
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann <at> tu-clausthal.de> writes:
4 > Nowadays CFQ and deadline are the best choices.
5
6 > Why not built all three and switch between them with the apropriate kernel
7 > command line. That way you can easily test which one is the best for you.
8
9 Hello Hemmann,
10
11 This sounds interesting.
12
13 Are you saying build all 3 as modules? (I've never tried this.)
14
15 And then use cli to swithch between these three for dynamic
16 testing without rebooting? (seems like a very cool idea)...
19 Could you share some command line syntax on exactly what you are suggesting?
20 or a simple script, if that is easier...?
21
22 Any wikis or further reading along these lines would be of keen interest
23 to me. I'd be real interested to learn what kernel parameters for live
24 performance tuning, one can dynamically pass to a running kernel.
27 curiously,
28 James
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list