From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel schedulers
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:13:50
1 On Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, Jason Carson wrote:
2 > I was reading this article (http://lwn.net/Articles/114770/) which says...
3 >
4 > AS (Anticipatory Scheduler) still seems to be better for desktop systems
5 > and IDE disks
6 >
7 > ... I have a server, not a desktop system but am using an IDE disk so
8 > which scheduler is better for a server. Should I stay with anticipatory
9 > because I am using an IDE disk or switch to something else because my
10 > system is a server?
11
12 this article is acient.
13
14 Nowadays CFQ and deadline are the best choices. CFQ is the best choice for
15 most desktops and most servers and for some servers and some selected
16 desktops deadline is the best choice.
17
18 Why not built all three and switch between them with the apropriate kernel
19 command line. That way you can easily test which one is the best for you.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list