From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel schedulers
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:55:54
1 On Thursday 13 December 2007, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, Jason Carson wrote:
3 > > I was reading this article (http://lwn.net/Articles/114770/) which
4 > > says...
5 > >
6 > > AS (Anticipatory Scheduler) still seems to be better for desktop systems
7 > > and IDE disks
8 > >
9 > > ... I have a server, not a desktop system but am using an IDE disk so
10 > > which scheduler is better for a server. Should I stay with anticipatory
11 > > because I am using an IDE disk or switch to something else because my
12 > > system is a server?
13 >
14 > this article is acient.
15 >
16 > Nowadays CFQ and deadline are the best choices. CFQ is the best choice for
17 > most desktops and most servers and for some servers and some selected
18 > desktops deadline is the best choice.
19 >
20 > Why not built all three and switch between them with the apropriate kernel
21 > command line. That way you can easily test which one is the best for you.
22
23 How would you go about testing each?
24 --
25 Regards,