From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:59:53
1 Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks.
4 >
5 > I think I removed kde-meta, because it installs too much stuff,
6 > that I don't need (like kppp). It would be nice, if the kde-meta
7 > ebuild would be more like the gst-plugins-meta package, in that
8 > it sould allow the user to specify what he wants to get installed
9 > and what not. It shouldn't be an all or nothing approach, IMO.
10 >
11 > Michael
15 Ahhh, I see. You can check the Gentoo docs page and there is a page
16 that tells you how NOT to use kde-meta. It's not a big deal and I think
17 most people do it that way. It's like a lot of things, it's a matter of
18 preference.
19
20 Dale
21