From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:31:08
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The other option is to use the kde*meta ebuilds, which do directly
4 > depend on the sub-ordinate packages. This is what I do and I don't get
5 > the effect you observed.
6
7 Thanks.
8
9 I think I removed kde-meta, because it installs too much stuff,
10 that I don't need (like kppp). It would be nice, if the kde-meta
11 ebuild would be more like the gst-plugins-meta package, in that
12 it sould allow the user to specify what he wants to get installed
13 and what not. It shouldn't be an all or nothing approach, IMO.
14
15 Michael
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list