From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:46:22
1 On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:30:11 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2
3 > I think I removed kde-meta, because it installs too much stuff,
4 > that I don't need (like kppp). It would be nice, if the kde-meta
5 > ebuild would be more like the gst-plugins-meta package, in that
6 > it sould allow the user to specify what he wants to get installed
7 > and what not. It shouldn't be an all or nothing approach, IMO.
8
9 But that's exactly what it's for "merge this to pull in all
10 non-developer, split kde-base/* packages". If you want to pick and
11 choose, emerge the packages you want, there's no need to add extra USE
12 flags and another layer of complexity when the current system handles
13 both all-in-one and selective installs just fine.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Dolly Parton-- silicone based life