From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth compatibility
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 05:45:43
1 On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 17:56 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I'm reading now that bluetooth uses the 2.4Ghz band which is just
4 > about tapped out around here.
5
6 tapped? do you mean people tap into it? It is fairly easy to "tap" into
7 a bluetooth headset - the standard passwords for simple devices are
8 usually 0000, 1111, and that sort of thing.
9
10 > My wireless keyboard and wireless
11 > network use it, and since I'm in an apartment there's no telling how
12 > many other people are doing the same, along with their microwaves and
13 > phones. Has anyone used a bluetooth headset in an environment with
14 > other devices utilizing the 2.4Ghz band?
15
16 I use bluetooth in our office, with 2 802.11 b/g access points, and a
17 handful of laptops / pda's and I haven't noticed any interference. I
18 doubt the bandwidth is "throttled" though...
19
20 YMMV!
24 Hate is like acid. It can damage the vessel in which it is stored as well
25 as destroy the object on which it is poured.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list