From: Jason Carson <jason@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:20:12
1 > Jason Carson schrieb:
2 >> Thanks for the clarification Norman :-)
3 >>
4 >> ok, I removed net.wlan0 so it doesn't start up anymore. My computer
5 >> booted
6 >> up and all the services are working the way they should, however I am
7 >> having a problem getting hostapd to start. Here is the error I get when
8 >> I
9 >> tried to start up hostapd...
10 >>
11 >> penguin ~ # /etc/init.d/hostapd start
12 >> * Bringing up interface wlan0
13 >> * Configuring wireless network for wlan0
14 >> * Scanning for access points
15 >> * no access points found
16 >> * Failed to configure wireless for wlan0
17 >> * ERROR: net.wlan0 failed to start
18 >> * ERROR: cannot start hostapd as net.wlan0 would not start
19 >>
20 >> It's suppose to be an access point, not scanning for one so do you have
21 >> any idea what I should do now?
25 > Did you remove wlan0 from the /etc/conf.d/hostapd file?
28 No, should I just leave it empty?
29 INTERFACES=""
30
31 What about /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf?
32 Do I leave it like this...
33 interface=wlan0
34 ...or remove that line too?