From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:04:46
1 Jason Carson schrieb:
2 >> Jason Carson schrieb:
3 >>
4 >>> Thanks for the clarification Norman :-)
5 >>>
6 >>> ok, I removed net.wlan0 so it doesn't start up anymore. My computer
7 >>> booted
8 >>> up and all the services are working the way they should, however I am
9 >>> having a problem getting hostapd to start. Here is the error I get when
10 >>> I
11 >>> tried to start up hostapd...
12 >>>
13 >>> penguin ~ # /etc/init.d/hostapd start
14 >>> * Bringing up interface wlan0
15 >>> * Configuring wireless network for wlan0
16 >>> * Scanning for access points
17 >>> * no access points found
18 >>> * Failed to configure wireless for wlan0
19 >>> * ERROR: net.wlan0 failed to start
20 >>> * ERROR: cannot start hostapd as net.wlan0 would not start
21 >>>
22 >>> It's suppose to be an access point, not scanning for one so do you have
23 >>> any idea what I should do now?
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >> Did you remove wlan0 from the /etc/conf.d/hostapd file?
32 > No, should I just leave it empty?
33 > INTERFACES=""
34 >
35 > What about /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf?
36 > Do I leave it like this...
37 > interface=wlan0
38 > ...or remove that line too?
41 INTERFACES should at least contain the bridge device. The wired NIC does
42 not hurt either.
43 In /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf wlan0 is needed to tell hostapd which
44 device it has to initialize, so leave it like this.