From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot message re: Future Revision date
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:36:34
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Yesterday, I did a sync and upgraded my kernel. Now, on boot, I'm
5 > getting messages about a file in /etc/conf.d, /etc/init.d or
6 > /etc.rc.conf having a revision date in the future. Has anyone else seen
7 > this message. Is there a way to fix it. I haven't made any recent
8 > revision to rc.conf and the boot messages didn't appear prior to
9 > yesterday. And I've made no manual revisions to anything in /etc/init.d
10 > or /etc.conf.d.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 >
14 > Colleen
19 Is the date and time correct on your system? I get that on one of my
20 old systems that the clock can't survive a reboot, therefore it thinks
21 it is back in the year 2000 or something. If this is the case for you,
22 change the battery on the mobo and see if that helps.
23
24 Also, are you dual booting with windoze? If you are, you have to adjust
25 it so that the two will not change the hardware clock when
26 booting/shutting down. I don't dual boot so maybe someone else can
27 point you to that one.
28
29 Hope that helps.
30