From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot message re: Future Revision date
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:59:45
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> Yesterday, I did a sync and upgraded my kernel. Now, on boot, I'm
6 >> getting messages about a file in /etc/conf.d, /etc/init.d or
7 >> /etc.rc.conf having a revision date in the future. Has anyone else seen
8 >> this message. Is there a way to fix it. I haven't made any recent
9 >> revision to rc.conf and the boot messages didn't appear prior to
10 >> yesterday. And I've made no manual revisions to anything in /etc/init.d
11 >> or /etc.conf.d.
12 >>
13 >> Regards,
14 >>
15 >> Colleen
20 > Is the date and time correct on your system? I get that on one of my
21 > old systems that the clock can't survive a reboot, therefore it thinks
22 > it is back in the year 2000 or something. If this is the case for you,
23 > change the battery on the mobo and see if that helps.
24
25 Yes, There was an upgrade to ntp, but I configured ntp.conf and my
26 system time is perfect. It was fine before I did all my upgrades
27 yesterday, so don't know what changed to make these messages appear today.
28 >
29 > Also, are you dual booting with windoze? If you are, you have to adjust
30 > it so that the two will not change the hardware clock when
31 > booting/shutting down. I don't dual boot so maybe someone else can
32 > point you to that one.
33
34 Yes, I dual boot with Windoze. However, I don't remember the last time
35 I booted into Windoze - ages ago and again, up until yesterday, I never
36 saw these messages.
37
38 Regards,
39