From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot message re: Future Revision date
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 19:15:58
1 On 01 July 2007, Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 > >> Hi all,
5 > >>
6 > >> Yesterday, I did a sync and upgraded my kernel. Now, on boot, I'm
7 > >> getting messages about a file in /etc/conf.d, /etc/init.d or
8 > >> /etc.rc.conf having a revision date in the future. Has anyone else seen
9 > >> this message. Is there a way to fix it. I haven't made any recent
10 > >> revision to rc.conf and the boot messages didn't appear prior to
11 > >> yesterday. And I've made no manual revisions to anything in /etc/init.d
12 > >> or /etc.conf.d.
13 > >>
14 > >> Regards,
15 > >>
16 > >> Colleen
17 > >
18 > > Is the date and time correct on your system? I get that on one of my
19 > > old systems that the clock can't survive a reboot, therefore it thinks
20 > > it is back in the year 2000 or something. If this is the case for you,
21 > > change the battery on the mobo and see if that helps.
22 >
23 > Yes, There was an upgrade to ntp, but I configured ntp.conf and my
24 > system time is perfect. It was fine before I did all my upgrades
25 > yesterday, so don't know what changed to make these messages appear today.
26
27 If your clock is correct just "touch" the files in question.
28
29 Uwe
32 Jethro Tull: Maybe, I am not done yet!
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list