From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libpng12 is missing
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:40:30
1 On Tue, 11 May 2010 06:51:39 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Shall I wait to update my box until a safe way through all this is
4 > established? I can't afford to break things right now.
5
6 Yes. While I updated my netbook successfully, there are still a number of
7 packages that won't rebuild on my desktop. Sometimes you can look at the
8 build failure and see that another package, that revdep-rebuild missed,
9 needs an update, but not always.
10
11 On the other hand, nothing KDE4 seems affected, it's mainly
12 GTK/glade/pango/cairo stuff that's affected, so you would probably get
13 away with it on a pure KDE4 box.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 WinErr 003: Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file