From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libpng12 is missing
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:51:22
1 On Tuesday 11 May 2010 10:39:06 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 11 May 2010 06:51:39 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > Shall I wait to update my box until a safe way through all this is
4 > > established? I can't afford to break things right now.
5 >
6 > Yes. While I updated my netbook successfully, there are still a number of
7 > packages that won't rebuild on my desktop. Sometimes you can look at the
8 > build failure and see that another package, that revdep-rebuild missed,
9 > needs an update, but not always.
10 >
11 > On the other hand, nothing KDE4 seems affected, it's mainly
12 > GTK/glade/pango/cairo stuff that's affected, so you would probably get
13 > away with it on a pure KDE4 box.
14
15 I had to rebuild qt-gui, kdelibs, ksplash and a few other bits and pieces
16 before KDE would run.
17
18 I still have huge breakage with gnomecanvas and other things, meaning that
19 lots of gtk apps are broken right now for me.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com