From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting time formats
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 10:09:24
1 On Sunday 29 May 2011 01:48:17 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 11:37 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 > > I asked this once before but I can't find it. I have a log file that
4 > > has time stamps that look like this:
5 > >
6 > > lastrun = 1306574899
7 > >
8 > > What do I use to get the human time for that? I thought it was the date
9 > > command but I couldn't find it in the man page. I tried google but I
10 > > can't recall what that time stamp is called either so not sure what to
11 > > search for.
12 > >
13 > > Could someone enlighten me a little bit here?
14 > >
15 > > Thanks.
16 > >
17 > > Dale
18 > >
19 > > :-) :-)
20 >
21 > As well as your other replies, check out ccze
22 >
23 > rattus ~ # esearch ccze
24 > [ Results for search key : ccze ]
25 > [ Applications found : 1 ]
26 >
27 > * app-admin/ccze
28 > Latest version available: 0.2.1-r2
29 > Latest version installed: 0.2.1-r2
30 > Size of downloaded files: 136 kB
31 > Homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~joker/ccze/ccze.txt
33 > License: GPL-2
36 > Pass your log through it for nicely coloured text (words like "alarm"
37 > and "error" are bright red to stand out) as well as converting date
38 > epoch on the fly, leaving it in context.
39 >
40 > BillK
41
42 Hmm ....
43
44 "This project is no longer maintained. There's no valid homepage left."
45 --
46 Regards,
47 Mick