From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice 3.0.0 with dead keys
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 01:11:03
1 Jim Cunning wrote:
2 > I´m trying to get OpenOffice 3.0.0 to recognize and enter French accented
3 > characters (e.g., ´ + e or ^ + a , etc.) I´ve set up KDE keyboard layouts
4 > and can get the proper characters displayed on console, xterm, kmail and
5 > other windows, but the dead key combinations in OpenOffice are simply
6 > dead--no characters produced at all. When switching back to the US layout
7 > without dead keys, the same key presses to OpenOffice produce two characters,
8 > as one would expect.
9 >
10 > I do this all the time with OpenOffice on my laptop with openSUSE 10.3. Is
11 > there something I´ve not setup correctly on my gentoo system?
12 >
13 Did you remember to compile OpenOffice with "LINGUAS=fr"? May be
14 something to consider adding to your make.conf to get around
15 language/localization issues.