From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Curiosity...
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:47:56
1 On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 06:37 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> [11-01-30 06:28]:
3 > > On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 16:09 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > > > On Saturday 29 January 2011 06:33:39 Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > > > On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 6:18 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
6 ....
7 > > I have a new Jetway atom N330 board with an nvidia ION chipset with
8 > > builtin CIR (Common Infra Red) controller accessed via the LPC and
9 > > nvidia chipset. A pig to get to work on gentoo, but it does work.
10 > >
11 > > So yes, in use even on the latest motherboards :)
12 > >
13 > > BillK
16 > Hi BillK,
17 >
18 > would you give me a hint in what direction to drive for this ?
19 >
20 > Best regards,
21 > mcc
25 I take it you mean you want to get it to work? The system here is a
26 http://mini-box.com.au/purchase/Jetway%20JBC230C63P-330D%20Black.html
27
28 The CIR is a Nuvoton wb677 for which nuvoton has a driver for their
29 ubuntu OS - there are a number of CIR chipsets, some work out of the box
30 with linux, some dont :). There has been some work done on this one by
31 one of the mythtv folks and its being looked at (I think) for eventual
32 inclusion in lirc.
33
34 There is a lirc driver package available from Asrock for one of their
35 htpc systems. Get the source package (they are .debs for ubuntu),
36 unpack it and manually patch the files in your current lirc install
37 based on the contents (the .deb is for an old lirc version, and the
38 ubuntu build system for kernel modules is incompatible with gentoo),
39 create a makefile and build lirc_dev.ko and lirc_wb677.ko. Install the
40 modules manually then build your standard lirc for the wpc8769l driver.
41 The input to lirc is then via /dev/lirc0.
42
43 Works ok, but is less sensitive than the MCE usb remote (via a harmony
44 one) I was using on the system before.
45
46 If that hasnt frightened you off, ping me privately and I'll pass on the
47 gory details as its probably not relevant for the majority on the list.
48
49 BillK