From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:25:58
1 Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011, 20:35:07 schrieb Jonas de Buhr:
2 > Am Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:43:09 -0400
3 >
4 > schrieb Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>:
5 > > P.S. kscd will display the track listings on the CD, but will not
6 > > play.
7 >
8 > again, please check for the audio cable going from cd-rom to soundcard
9 > or have a look at the link i posted earlier.
10
11 FWIW, I don't have this cable and my kscd has no "extras->settings &
12 behaviour", where I could switch "use direct digital playback" like mentioned
13 in your link (has yours?), but it plays audio-cds just fine from my SATA-drive.
14
15 Best,
16 Michael