From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:38:53
1 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > 2008/12/26 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> 2008/12/26 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
7 >>>
8 > <snip/>
9 >
10 >> Well, I'm on dial-up and that thing doesn't like my slow as crap
11 >> connection. Thanks AT&T for keeping your promise on getting use DSL.
12 >> Bit of sarcasm there in case you can't tell. Very few things are on my
13 >> crap list but they are one and close to the top. Anyway, using the
14 >> webmail thing is a mess. It times oout part way through loading the
15 >> page and all that crap. It took me a loong while to go through all that.
18 > Yeah, that definitely sucks. Nowadays a lot of webapps expect you to
19 > have your own private T3. :-) I'm not sure whether Yahoo will be much
20 > better though...
23 >> What I thought of doing is checking all of them then telling google none
24 >> of them is spam at all. Over time, it should not mark anything as
25 >> spam. Of course, that will mess up other people as well. Sort of hate
26 >> to do that but if it means I can get my emails, then it is a option.
29 > I'm not really clear on how personalised it is. Not everyone agrees
30 > (all the time) on what is spam and what is not. It seems that it is
31 > somehow able to apply my personal settings to the spam filter.
32 >
33 > <snip/>
34 >
35 >>>> I always liked Google but this sort of pisses me off. No wonder people
36 >>>> say they sent me a card or something and I never got it. They are in
37 >>>> the spam bucket. Thought about marking them ALL as "not spam" and just
38 >>>> screwing their spam filter right up. Sort of a get even thing there. :-@
39 >>>>
40 >>>>
41 >>> Well, Don Quixote, I hope you'll forgive me for putting my money on
42 >>> Google anyway. ;-) :-P If you do decide to take on Google
43 >>> single-handedly ... keep a blog please, it should make for hilarious
44 >>> reading. ;-) :-)
45 >>>
46 >>> Cheers,
47 >>> Hilco
48 >>>
49 >> Well, even if I did, I would be switched by then. If I'm not getting
50 >> the service I pay for or expect, I move on. I may be switching ISPs
51 >> again before long too. I like to get online when I need to not when
52 >> they think I should. I also plan to keep my OS up to date even if it
53 >> means a 10 hour download. If they can't handle that, I'll find someone
54 >> who can. Already found my new ISP just waiting for word from my current
55 >> one. They claim it is unlimited but then put limits on it. Funny huh?
58 > Perhaps they meant the wait is unlimited? ;-)
61 Well, I'm disabled so I like to surf the net a lot. I try to get on
62 late at night when they are not to busy but it appears they don't care.
63 Their "unlimited" thing has a lot of limits on it. I found out that
64 dixie-net is local and they don't care how long I am on or how much I
65 download. Says so in the terms too.
68 >> Who's Don? I never heard of him.
71 > I see no smiley, so I'll assume you're serious:
72 >
73 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote
74 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills
75 >
76 > Cheers,
77 > Hilco
82 I didn't know who he was and still not real sure. Sometimes those wiki
83 things don't make much sense to me. Sounds like lawyer speak sometimes. :/
84
85 Dale
86