From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:27:07
1 2008/12/26 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 > Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
3 >> 2008/12/26 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
4 <snip/>
5 > Well, I'm on dial-up and that thing doesn't like my slow as crap
6 > connection. Thanks AT&T for keeping your promise on getting use DSL.
7 > Bit of sarcasm there in case you can't tell. Very few things are on my
8 > crap list but they are one and close to the top. Anyway, using the
9 > webmail thing is a mess. It times oout part way through loading the
10 > page and all that crap. It took me a loong while to go through all that.
11
12 Yeah, that definitely sucks. Nowadays a lot of webapps expect you to
13 have your own private T3. :-) I'm not sure whether Yahoo will be much
14 better though...
15
16 > What I thought of doing is checking all of them then telling google none
17 > of them is spam at all. Over time, it should not mark anything as
18 > spam. Of course, that will mess up other people as well. Sort of hate
19 > to do that but if it means I can get my emails, then it is a option.
20
21 I'm not really clear on how personalised it is. Not everyone agrees
22 (all the time) on what is spam and what is not. It seems that it is
23 somehow able to apply my personal settings to the spam filter.
24
25 <snip/>
26 >>> I always liked Google but this sort of pisses me off. No wonder people
27 >>> say they sent me a card or something and I never got it. They are in
28 >>> the spam bucket. Thought about marking them ALL as "not spam" and just
29 >>> screwing their spam filter right up. Sort of a get even thing there. :-@
30 >>>
31 >>
32 >> Well, Don Quixote, I hope you'll forgive me for putting my money on
33 >> Google anyway. ;-) :-P If you do decide to take on Google
34 >> single-handedly ... keep a blog please, it should make for hilarious
35 >> reading. ;-) :-)
36 >>
37 >> Cheers,
38 >> Hilco
39 >
40 > Well, even if I did, I would be switched by then. If I'm not getting
41 > the service I pay for or expect, I move on. I may be switching ISPs
42 > again before long too. I like to get online when I need to not when
43 > they think I should. I also plan to keep my OS up to date even if it
44 > means a 10 hour download. If they can't handle that, I'll find someone
45 > who can. Already found my new ISP just waiting for word from my current
46 > one. They claim it is unlimited but then put limits on it. Funny huh?
47
48 Perhaps they meant the wait is unlimited? ;-)
49
50 > Who's Don? I never heard of him.
51
52 I see no smiley, so I'll assume you're serious:
53
54 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote
55 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills
56