From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Home Network Printing
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:34:21
1 On Dec 1, 2005, at 4:28 AM, Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks John,
4 >
5 > Let me understand this right: Have you installed cups on the laptop?
6 > Any printer drivers? When you run localhost:631 in a browser on your
7 > laptop, what do you see under printers when the laptop is connected to
8 > the mac and what when it's not? (assuming you restart cupsd on each
9 > case to refresh its status).
10 >
11 yes, cups on the laptop. cups shows my laserjet, and the internal
12 fax modem of the mac. when it's not, no printers show up. it's
13 magic :)
14
15 > PS. An OT question - I am really curious what is the default mac
16 > firewall settings. Can you please post the output of: # iptables -
17 > L -v
18 not helpful, since the mac's not linux. no iptables.
19 > --
20 > Regards,
21 > Mick
22 >