From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -D pulling in more than it should these days?!
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:25:58
1 On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 02:15:04PM -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > Something has changed recently with 'emerge'. Whenever I use the -D option,
3 > which I am pretty much in the habbit of typing 'emerge -Dav' or 'emerge
4 > -Davu world/system', I notice it pulling in more stuff than it should. It
5 > never acted like this before. It's only been within the past few weeks. On
6 > an older Gentoo server (which I don't upgrade nearly as often as my notebook
7 > above) it doesn't exhibit this behaviour.
8
9 What I belive you're seeing is that there have been new flags added or
10 removed from ebuilds and therefor there is need to rebuild a lot of
11 packages to make everything fall in line. For myself recently I saw a
12 lot of perl packages rebuilt because the 'minimal' USE flag was set as
13 '-' by default instead of not at all (or something like that).
14
15 alan
18 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
20 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list