From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -D pulling in more than it should these days?!
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:25:25
1 Alan <alan@×××××.org> writes:
2
3 > What I belive you're seeing is that there have been new flags added or
4 > removed from ebuilds and therefor there is need to rebuild a lot of
5 > packages to make everything fall in line. For myself recently I saw a
6 > lot of perl packages rebuilt because the 'minimal' USE flag was set as
7 > '-' by default instead of not at all (or something like that).
8
9 But that is covered by the -N (--newuse) flag, not the -D flag. I must
10 admit that the only time I use -D is with the 'world' target not
11 individual packages.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list