From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: yubikeys
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:46:06
1 On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:21:39 +0200
2 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
5 > Does anyone (aside from Diego, as I know from his blog) use Yubico
6 > Yubikeys with Gentoo?
7 >
8 > I am especially interested in getting it to work within Gnome, to
9 > authenticate ssh-sessions (using the smartcard feature of the Yubikey
10 > NEO).
11 >
12 > There are X howtos out there ... telling me to add udev-rules, disable
13 > gnome-keyring, run keychain ... etc etc
16 What an amazing coincidence. I just listened to a podcast about an hour
17 ago where the process was explained in detail (even mentioning the NEO
18 model and smartcard in particular). Weird.
19
20 I'm curious to know if this link actually gives you what you asked for:
21
22 http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/85062/ssh-authentication-with-yubikey-las-373/
23
24 You can either watch (or listen to) the podcast, or scroll down the page
25 about one-third to see written instructions. (Instructions based on
26 ubuntu, not gentoo, but I'm sure you can translate :)