From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerging php with mysql and recode support
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:57:46
1 On Wednesday 31 January 2007 02:27, Stefán István <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] emerging php with mysql and recode support':
3 > I tried to re-emerge php because I need to be compiled with the 'recode'
4 > use flag, but I get this error:
5 >
6 > * USE flag 'recode' conflicts with these USE flag(s):
7 > * mysql
8 >
9 > What shall I do if I need both mysql and recode support in php?
10
11 File a bug, and be prepared with a patch -- cause there's probably a good
12 reason they are considered "conflicting". It's likely your patch will
13 have to be applied to the tarball from upstream to fix either the code or
14 the build system to accept both options. It's also likely that the two
15 flags conflict because of a previous bug (it was a non-trivial amount of
16 work to identify conflicting flags at one point) so that's at least one
17 regression test your patch must pass.
20 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
21 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
22 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
23 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/