From: Chris Woods <chris@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems Booting
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:49:38
1 Something very similar happened to me. baselayout-1.12.0_pre1-r1 was emerged
2 in the past day or two, and the next time I rebooted, it hung up on what at
3 first seemed to be having issues loading alsa. The boot did get into runlevel
4 3, so I was able to get in remotely and mess around. After pruning various
5 things from the startup routine, it turned out to be sys-apps/dbus causing the
6 problem for me. I removed that from the init sequence, rebooted, and
7 everything is back to normal (or seems to be).
8
9 I'm not familiar with dbus, but it was a dependency of evolution, and the very
10 simple description of the "dbus" use flag seemed innocuous enough.
11
12 I'm still running on baselayout-1.12.0_pre1-r1.
13
14 Regards,
15 Chris
19 * Chris Woods || chris@××××××××.org *