From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SDD strategies...
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 09:03:37
1 On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 09:35:10 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote:
2
3 > The SSD is currently reporting 98% of its rated life left: I feel quite
4 > confident it's going to outlast the laptop's useful life.
5
6 What are you using to get that niformation?
7
8 > That's not a single datapoint; every system I have around has used an
9 > SSD as a primary disk for years now, and I've yet to see one fail or
10 > develop any kind of corruption issue. In the same timespan I've had a
11 > fair number of HDD failures.
12
13 Same here. The main advantage of spinning HDs are that they are cheaper
14 to replace when they fail. I only use them when I need lots of space.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 God is real, unless specifically declared integer.