From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:10:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:19:48 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Heh indeed; you can even keep an lvm setup across distros. I used to
5 >>> have `gentoo' and `debian' volume groups and it's easy to mount
6 >>> logical volumes in either direction (/home was on a separate large
7 >>> physical partition.)
8 >> Learned something new then. I really need to master LVM some day.
9 > Or you can use a single volume group, which makes space management
10 > simpler, by including the distro name in the names of the logical volumes.
14 Well I have played with LVM a bit and done pretty well. I just haven't
15 actually used it for anything but playing yet. I need to write down
16 some key commands so that I have them in case I'm desperate. You know,
17 nothing is working but can't figure out how to turn something back on or
18 do a reset. lol
19
20 I like your sigs. I post them on facebook sometimes. Some of them have
21 a bit of irony to them tho, depending on the subject of the email.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!