From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:20:53
1 On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:19:48 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Heh indeed; you can even keep an lvm setup across distros. I used to
4 > > have `gentoo' and `debian' volume groups and it's easy to mount
5 > > logical volumes in either direction (/home was on a separate large
6 > > physical partition.)
7 >
8 > Learned something new then. I really need to master LVM some day.
9
10 Or you can use a single volume group, which makes space management
11 simpler, by including the distro name in the names of the logical volumes.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?