From: rocwhite168 <rocwhite168@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel configuration problem -- genkernel: no irq handler; manual config: root filesystem could not be mounted r/w
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:05:01
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I notice you are using ext4 for the root partition file system. Do you
5 > have support for ext4 compiled in the kernel? Not as a module but built
6 > into the kernel? Using modules is OK but things that it has to have to
7 > get to the point where it can read the root partition and start loading
8 > modules has to be built in, unless you want to go to the additional
9 > effort to use a initrd.
10 >
11 > Dale
14 Yes, it's built-in. I have attached a copy of my kernel config file in the
15 original post.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Roc