From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:36:15
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2
3 >>> Looks like there's a line in "stop" section that kills the script
4 >>> itself. Try looking for a lines like these:
5 >>> pkill MailScanner
6 >>> killall MailScanner
7 >>> start-stop-daemon --stop --name MailScanner
8 > ...
9 >> depend() {
10 >> need net mta
11 >> use logger dns }
12 >
13 > That's what probably starts sendmail as a dependency (mta), so if you
14 > want to stop both MailScanner and sendmail you can just use
15 >
16 > /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
17
18 # /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
19 * Stopping MailScanner...
20 * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
21 * ERROR: cannot stop sendmail as MailScanner is still up
22
23 # /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop
24 * Stopping MailScanner...
25 * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
26 # /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
27 * Stopping MailScanner...
28 * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
29 * ERROR: cannot stop sendmail as MailScanner is still up
30
31 As you see, it does not work. I think that start/stop script
32 is somehow screwed. I'm going to ask on mailscanner mailing list.
33 Thanks for your effort.
34
35 Jarry
36 --
38 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
39 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.