From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 00:20:20
1 On Sun, 24 May 2009 16:36:28 +0200
2 Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Mike Kazantsev wrote:
5 >
6 > >>> Looks like there's a line in "stop" section that kills the script
7 > >>> itself. Try looking for a lines like these:
8 > >>> pkill MailScanner
9 > >>> killall MailScanner
10 > >>> start-stop-daemon --stop --name MailScanner
11 > > ...
12 > >> depend() {
13 > >> need net mta
14 > >> use logger dns }
15 > >
16 > > That's what probably starts sendmail as a dependency (mta), so if you
17 > > want to stop both MailScanner and sendmail you can just use
18 > >
19 > > /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
20 >
21 > # /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
22 > * Stopping MailScanner...
23 > * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
24 > * ERROR: cannot stop sendmail as MailScanner is still up
25 >
26 > # /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop
27 > * Stopping MailScanner...
28 > * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
29 > # /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
30 > * Stopping MailScanner...
31 > * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
32 > * ERROR: cannot stop sendmail as MailScanner is still up
33 >
34 > As you see, it does not work. I think that start/stop script
35 > is somehow screwed. I'm going to ask on mailscanner mailing list.
36 > Thanks for your effort.
37
38 But you didn't change the script, of course it WILL fail just as it did.
39
40 Replace killall line with something sensible and only then try to use
41 it. It's obviously broken otherwise.
44 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net