From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc fails and then succeeds - definitely a problem?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:40:29
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:46:03 -0800
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Whenever I get build failures with the load-adaptive MAKEOPTS and
5 > > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, I check the build log to see if it's relatively
6 > > obvious that something was depended upon before it was built. If
7 > > so, I file a bug.
8 > >
9 > > Happens every month or so, for me.
12 > There are log files? You're telling me I should read them? Gawd,
13 > pretty soon you're gonna try to make a real admin of me instead of
14 > just the oblivious happy home user that I am... ;-)
15
16 <sideways compliment>
17
18 Well, we wouldn't mention log files if we didn't feel you made the grade
19
20 :-)
21
22 </sideways compliment>