From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 03:55:20
1 That seems reasonable, people always tend to bring in new ideas when trying to prove what they're saying. I'm just amazed by the activeness of the community :) It's great to know that I'm not missing something useful if not going through the discussion, so thanks!
2
3 Regards,
4 --
5 Pengcheng Xu
6 https://jsteward.moe
7
8 > -----Original Message-----
9 > From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
10 > Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 11:40 AM
11 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
12 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
13 >
14 > Pengcheng Xu wrote:
17 > Sorry for possible necroposting, but I'm pretty interested what's
18 > happening in this thread, as there seems to be detailed discussion on topics
19 > under this "Is Gentoo dead?" clickbait subject. The whole conversation list
20 > does not even fit in a single screen... Would someone kindly provide some clue
21 > what's going on?
22 >
23 > Regards,
27 > Well, it is about Gentoo and the perception someone had that Gentoo is dying,
28 > which has been claimed for many, many years now. Then the thread started taking
29 > off into other directions. It got slightly off topic, very off topic a couple
30 > times and then back on topic. These threads tend to bring out quite a few responses
31 > and most can't resist posting, myself included in that as well. I might add,
32 > there threads are usually started by a newcomer and typically they disappear
33 > when they realize how active Gentoo really is. The OP for this thread posted
34 > for a couple days and I don't see any posts after that. Most likely, unsubscribed
35 > and long gone.
36 >
37 > If you enjoy using Gentoo, or if you don't, if you skip this thread, you won't
38 > be missing a whole lot. I don't recall any breaking news or life saving tips
39 > in it. ROFL
40 >
41 > Dale
42 >

openpgp-digital-signature.asc application/pgp-signature