From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 03:39:47
1 Pengcheng Xu wrote:
2 > Sorry for possible necroposting, but I'm pretty interested what's happening in this thread, as there seems to be detailed discussion on topics under this "Is Gentoo dead?" clickbait subject. The whole conversation list does not even fit in a single screen... Would someone kindly provide some clue what's going on?
3 >
4 > Regards,
7 Well, it is about Gentoo and the perception someone had that Gentoo is
8 dying, which has been claimed for many, many years now.  Then the thread
9 started taking off into other directions.  It got slightly off topic,
10 very off topic a couple times and then back on topic.  These threads
11 tend to bring out quite a few responses and most can't resist posting,
12 myself included in that as well.  I might add, there threads are usually
13 started by a newcomer and typically they disappear when they realize how
14 active Gentoo really is.  The OP for this thread posted for a couple
15 days and I don't see any posts after that.  Most likely, unsubscribed
16 and long gone.
17
18 If you enjoy using Gentoo, or if you don't, if you skip this thread, you
19 won't be missing a whole lot.  I don't recall any breaking news or life
20 saving tips in it.  ROFL
21
22 Dale
23