From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:30:54
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:16:28 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I think I was on the old grub back then.  Speaking of, can
5 >> I get rid of one of these or are both required?  If I can remove one,
6 >> which one?  I'm on the new grub and have been for a while.  I think I
7 >> uninstalled the old grub a long time ago.
10 >> root@fireball / # du -shc /boot/grub*
11 >> 34M     /boot/grub
12 >> 6.9M    /boot/grub2
13 >> 41M     total
14 >> root@fireball / #
17 >> If I can get rid of the plain grub, that would free up some space.  The
18 >> grub2 directory isn't as big but still wouldn't hurt.
19 > GRUB2 uses /boot/grub here, I suspect /boot/grub2 might be the surplus
20 > one, but check the timestamps.
25 Well, grub2 shows the latest change.  Plain grub shows older changes.
26 Most things in plain grub shows a date of April 2019.  Things in grub2
27 are 2013 except for grub.cfg which shows June 2020.  That is likely
28 about the time I rebuilt my last kernel, or somewhere close to that
29 anyway.  Sort of confusing.
30
31 Just wondering if leaving that alone may be best.  ;-)
32
33 Dale
34