From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:11:35
1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:16:28 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I think I was on the old grub back then.  Speaking of, can
4 > I get rid of one of these or are both required?  If I can remove one,
5 > which one?  I'm on the new grub and have been for a while.  I think I
6 > uninstalled the old grub a long time ago.
9 > root@fireball / # du -shc /boot/grub*
10 > 34M     /boot/grub
11 > 6.9M    /boot/grub2
12 > 41M     total
13 > root@fireball / #
16 > If I can get rid of the plain grub, that would free up some space.  The
17 > grub2 directory isn't as big but still wouldn't hurt.
18
19 GRUB2 uses /boot/grub here, I suspect /boot/grub2 might be the surplus
20 one, but check the timestamps.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Echo > Speak: "Whale oil beef hooked"