From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why [PROGRESS]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 22:20:34
1 On 12/29/20 11:07 PM, n952162 wrote:
4 > So, I tried to do an emerge on @system.  I got another slot conflict!
5 > This time for mako, which I'd seen go by sometimes as a "package of
6 > interest".  It's only transgression: PYTHON_TARGET containing python3_7.
10 Note that both the "scheduled for merge" depender and the "installed"
11 depender both required the same version of mako, 1.1.1-r1.  The only
12 difference is the fact that one requirements specification has
13 python3-7, the other python3-8.  The same pkg, the same binaries.
14 Something is wrong here.  Why is it not good enough to specify python3?