From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why [PROGRESS]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 22:11:35
1 On 12/3/20 9:33 PM, n952162 wrote:
2 > I'm trying to update the gentoo system that I last updated 6 weeks ago,
3 > but it seems not to work.  Can somebody explain to me why?
7 I tried and tried to figure out how I could determine what the fatal
8 slot conflict would be.  No matter how I mixed things, setuptools came
9 up fighting about these things:
10
11   - certifi
12   - setuptools
13   - jinja
14   - markupsafe
15   - libxml2
16
17 All the requirements were essentially equivalent, the only problem is
18 that all had PYTHON_TARGETS with PYTHON3_8, while setuptools also had
19 3_6 and 3_7.  I was not able to learn how to force PYTHON_TARGETS, also
20 not by modifying the ebuild.
21
22 Out of desperation or carelessness, I did a --depclean on the contents
23 of the world file.  179 packages were removed, including sudo and my
24 window manager.
25
26 106 packages were left.  At least, I could still execute emerge.
27
28 So, I tried to do an emerge on @system.  I got another slot conflict!
29 This time for mako, which I'd seen go by sometimes as a "package of
30 interest".  It's only transgression: PYTHON_TARGET containing python3_7.
31
32 BUT!  Finally, I could emerge mako.  Along with it are coming 50 other
33 packages!  I presume that tomorrow, I'll be able to do a full @system
34 and @world update and then re-install my old world file.