From: Alexey Asprov <astoriastar@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bootstrap USE flags opinions?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:02:31
1 Hi list again..
2
3 I will attempt to bootstrap with following USE flags for the NPTL.
4 I will not be using Gnome or KDE. I'd appreciate peoples opinion
5 about them and welcome their examples of USE flags ( real working
6 experiences) for bootstraping. This will be done for Pentium3
7 machine, if this matters.
8
9 Another question I'd like to ask if I need to include my CPU flags
10 in the USE ( I think I need), but not sure if all of them have to be
11 included ( will it hurt?) or just "mmx" and "sse" will suffice.
12 Here is my cat /proc/cpuinfo
13
14 processor : 0
15 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
16 cpu family : 6
17 model : 8
18 model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
19 stepping : 10
20 cpu MHz : 797.544
21 cache size : 256 KB
22 fdiv_bug : no
23 hlt_bug : no
24 f00f_bug : no
25 coma_bug : no
26 fpu : yes
27 fpu_exception : yes
28 cpuid level : 2
29 wp : yes
30 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
31 bogomips : 1576.96
32
33 I very much welcoming any input on this matter. Thank you.
34
35 USE="-gnome -kde -qt -arts aac alsa acl acpi activefilter aim ansi apache2 \
36 aper artworkextra audiofile authdaemond avantgo bash-completion \
37 bcmath bdf bidi blender-game bzip2 bzlib cap cddb cdinstall \
38 cdparanoia cdrom cgi chroot cjk clanJavaScript clanVoice client \
39 codecs cpdflib css ctype curl curlwrappers dba dhcp dio \
40 divx4linux djbfft dnd droproot dts dv dvdr dvdread edl eds \
41 eep emacs emacs-w3 erandom evo exif ext-png ext-zlib extensions \
42 fastcgi fbcon ffmpeg fluidsynth fmod foreign-package foreign-sysvinit \
43 fpx freetype freewnn ftp gtk gtk2 gb gcl gd geoip gimp gimpprint ginac \
44 glade glgd glitz glut gmp gmtfull gnokii gnomedb gnuplot graphviz gs \
45 gsl gtkhtml hal hardenedphp hbci hdf iconv icq ide idl ieee1394 image \
46 imap imlib2 innodb ipv6 irda irmc j2ee jabber javacomm javadoc \
47 javamail javascript jbig jboss jce jms jmx joystick jp2 jpeg2k jta \
48 jython kadu-modules kadu-voice kakasi kerberos krb4 latex lcms leim \
49 libclamav libdsk libgd libgda libsamplerate live lua lufsusermount \
50 lzo lzw lzw-tiff m17n-lib maildir matroska mbox mcal mdb memlimit \
51 migemo mime mixer mjpeg mls mmap mng monkey mozcalendar \
52 mozdevelop mozp3p mozsvg mozxmlterm mp3 mpeg4 mpi mplayer msn mysql \
53 mule music mythtv nagios-dns nagios-ntp nagios-ping nagios-ssh native \
54 net netcdf network neural nis nowin nptl nptlonly ntlm nviz \
55 oav objc ocaml offensive ofx openal opie oscar ospfapi \
56 parse-clocks pcap pcntl pcre pda pdf pg-hier pg-intdatetime \
57 pg-vacuumdelay php physfs pic plotutils portaudio posix postgresql \
58 povray ppds pri print procmail pthreads quotas quotes real \
59 resperl rhino rogue rplay S3TC sasl servlet-2.3 servlet-2.4 session \
60 sftplogging shared sharedmem silc ssl simplexml skk slp smime sndfile \
61 snortsam sockets socks5 softquota sox spl stencil-buffer stroke \
62 struts svg sysvipc szip t1lib tcsim tga theora tidy transcode \
63 truetype-fonts type1-fonts uim unicode usb v4l v4l2 vcd \
64 vda videos virus-scan wddx winbind wmf wxwindows X X509 xanim xatrix \
65 xchatdccserver xchattext xemacs xface xgetdefault xine xmlrpc xosd \
66 xpm xprint xrandr xscreensaver xsl xvid xvmc yahoo yaz yp yv12 zaptel \
67 zeo zvbi"
68 --
69 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list