From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel - locating option
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 09:12:24
1 On Friday 27 Dec 2013 02:57:43 Joseph wrote:
2 > On 12/27/13 00:59, Mick wrote:
3 > >> >Run emerge --sync to get the latest sources and then look under general
4 > >> >to find it. It is under 'General setup' alright:
5 > >> >
6 > >> >General setup --->
7 > >> >...
8 > >> >
9 > >> > [*] System V IPC
10 > >> > [*] POSIX Message Queues
11 > >> > [*] open by fhandle syscalls <--This one!
12 > >> >
13 > >> >HTH.
14 > >>
15 > >> Thank you! Yes, I found it.
16 > >> Though, it would be nice if I look for an option to enable, from search
17 > >> menu "/" if it finds it I should be able to select it :-/
18 > >
19 > >I think xconfig may be easier for this purpose? I'm not sure, but there
20 > >are other ncurses, or GUI-fied kernel configuration applications. Try
21 > >this to see
22 > >
23 > >if it serves your purpose when logged into an X session:
24 > > make xconfig
25 > >
26 > >Use Ctrl+f to search for particular modules. Don't forget to save your
27 > >changes before you build your new kernel!
28 >
29 > I tried to search for "CONFIG_FHANDLE" using "xconfig" and it can not even
30 > find it; so this application is useless :-/
31
32 It may not be as useless as you think. Try to search for fhandle and you'll
33 see it coming up. It should also have a little box for you to tick, which is
34 what you were asking for.
37 Regards,
38 Mick