From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel - locating option
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 02:57:44
1 On 12/27/13 00:59, Mick wrote:
2 >> >Run emerge --sync to get the latest sources and then look under general to
3 >> >find it. It is under 'General setup' alright:
4 >> >
5 >> >General setup --->
6 >> >...
7 >> >
8 >> > [*] System V IPC
9 >> > [*] POSIX Message Queues
10 >> > [*] open by fhandle syscalls <--This one!
11 >> >
12 >> >HTH.
13 >>
14 >> Thank you! Yes, I found it.
15 >> Though, it would be nice if I look for an option to enable, from search
16 >> menu "/" if it finds it I should be able to select it :-/
17 >
18 >I think xconfig may be easier for this purpose? I'm not sure, but there are
19 >other ncurses, or GUI-fied kernel configuration applications. Try this to see
20 >if it serves your purpose when logged into an X session:
21 >
22 > make xconfig
23 >
24 >Use Ctrl+f to search for particular modules. Don't forget to save your
25 >changes before you build your new kernel!
26 >
27 >--
28 >Regards,
29 >Mick
30
31 I tried to search for "CONFIG_FHANDLE" using "xconfig" and it can not even find it; so this application is useless :-/
34 Joseph